Verdurez Annual Meetup (VAM) 2019: Flavours of China | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Verdurez Meetups
Ishita
Ishita Jan 20

I have recieved a request to organise one national and one international meetup from now on. This is a good idea as it would cater to a broader audience and multiple tastes.

Meghalaya is our national meetup this year and for our international gathering, China is the chosen one.

China, Asia's largest country, swings between the modern and centuries old culture and traditions.

Experience the mighty modern achievements from an ancient and incredibly rich civilisation whose recorded history dates back some 5,000 years.

Featuring:
Historical Beijing & the Great Wall
Xi'an & the Terra Cotta Army
Chengdu & the Giant Pandas
Zhangjiajie & the Grand Canyon Glass Bridge
Futuristic Shanghai

Duration: 11 days & 10 nights

Destinations: Beijing - Xi'an - Chengdu - Zhangjiajie - Shanghai

Starting Point: Beijing

Ending Point: Shanghai

Dates: September 1st to 11th, 2019

Age Range: 15 to 99 year olds

Accommodation: 4 & 5 star Hotels

Transport: Private coach, Train and Flight

Travel Style: Historical & Cultural

Highlights
Mutianyu, a less crowded yet well-preserved segment of the Great Wall of China built in the Ming Dynasty
Sacred Way, leading to the Imperial Tombs of 13 Emperors of Ming Dynasty
Beijing Olympic Village (also known as the Bird's Nest & Water Cube
Historical Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City
The Terracotta Warriors and Horses
Chengdu Giant Panda Centre
Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge and National Forest Park
Bailong elevator & Tianzi Mountain
Futuristic Shanghai with Huangpu River Cruise

For those who've never been, this is a wonderful opportunity to get a taste of China. Hope you will join us.

Please feel free to get in touch with any questions or clarifications. The email address is travel at verdurez dot com.

Cheers.

Attachments:
  China Programme Final 20.01.2019.pdf (289Kb)
Share:
VAS
VAS Jan 20
Dear BIS,

Good idea indeed. Better to get quote from 2 more people. If you want i can get a quote from one travel agent who knows me very well in TN.100% advance before start of the Journey is not worth.We have to negotiate rate after getting competitive quotes as well advance payment.

Ishita
Ishita Jan 20

Dear VAS,

I have been working on this since October 2018 and we are in the middle of January so you can imagine how long I have been on it; it is not a programme which was russled up in a day or a week nor is it something that I am taking lightly.

The programme is based not only on various quotes but also on my experience of our previous meetups and what works and what doesn't work for Verdurians.

With any tour, you will have to make complete payment BEFORE the tour starts. Here, the tour operator is not asking for 100% advance; in fact, the payment is broken up in four installments. But of course, the full payment has to be made before September 1st else what if everyone drops out without paying full or partial amount?!

Lastly, I have nothing to gain from this financially or in any other way. I, too, will be paying what fellow Verdurians are paying. Organising such a programme takes a lot of time, effort, energy, resources, patience, administrative efforts, co-ordination, liaison and hard work. I hope you appreciate that this is not an itinerary that has been designed in abstract.

Thank you.

Quote from VAS Dear BIS,

Good idea indeed. Better to get quote from 2 more people. If you want i can get a quote from one travel agent who knows me very well in TN.100% advance before start of the Journey is not worth.We have to negotiate rate after getting competitive quotes as well advance payment.

hari1941
hari1941 Jan 27
It is encouraging that verdurians are keen to visit places. I wish they could be equally keen to visit the forum and share something what they have to say on the posts or on their own posts. But then each to his or her own.
Ravi
Ravi Feb 14
We have booked our to and fro tickets to China for our VAM 2019.
Landing on 01-09-2019 at 1440 in Beijing ang return 0n 11-09-2019 at 1910 from Shanghai.
So see you all in September 2019 in China !!!
scsood
scsood Feb 14
What is the code of Beijing Airport you have Booked? Is it PEK or some other ? and which terminal at Beijing airport your flight will land?
Quote from Ravi We have booked our to and fro tickets to China for our VAM 2019.Landing on 01-09-2019 at 1440 in Beijing and return 0n 11-09-2019 at 1910 from Shanghai.So see you all in September 2019 in China !!!
How much did it cost for both the tickets that is India (Trivandrum) to Beijing and Shanghai to India (Trivandrum) per person.
The Forum post is edited by scsood Feb 15
Ishita
Ishita Feb 15

Looking forward to it :-).

Quote from Ravi We have booked our to and fro tickets to China for our VAM 2019.Landing on 01-09-2019 at 1440 in Beijing ang return 0n 11-09-2019 at 1910 from Shanghai.So see you all in September 2019 in China !!!

Ravi
Ravi Feb 15
Landing on 1st Sept.19 at PEK,T3.
Take off on 11th Sept.19 from PVG.
Fare Rs. 39800/- per passenger.
Ok, ???
scsood
scsood Feb 15
Thanks Verdurian Ravi. 

Is it return ticket or two one way tickets, one for going to Beijing and another for return from Shanghai or multi city ticket?

The Forum post is edited by scsood Feb 15
Ravi
Ravi Feb 15

Quote from scsood Thanks Verdurian Ravi. 

Is it return ticket or two one way tickets, one for going to Beijing and another for return from Shanghai or multi city ticket?

Return ticket.