Hindu rate of growth | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Poetry & Prose
hari1941
hari1941 Jul 3

Hindu rate of growth

Please don't take me wrong. I am not talking of population growth. It is quite commendable at 1.1 % in 2018 leaving many countries behind.  I am talking of economic growth that is needed to feed this growing population of over 135 crores and still counting. Though we have surpassed that 3.5% Hindu rate of growth long back and even achieved double digit growth at 10% but it is again shrinking and may come to 6% if economists are to be believed which politicians would hate to. 

I think the root cause is our cast system which put money making at the third place after Brajmins and Khatriyas but thankfully  above Sudras.

As staunch Hindus we believe in simple living and high thinking and that is why money making profession like trading,  agriculture and industry were put at last but one priority. 

Having said that the fault is being corrected.  Brahmin and Khatriy boys and girls are going to IITs, IIMs and even MIT to obtain MBA degrees and enter money making areas.  Our presence in Information technology is already established. 

After about 5000 years or more we have realized that money is not bad after all.  Though some of us still think it is bad though crave for more at the same time. 

Jai ho!!!!!!

Share:
VAS
VAS Jul 3
My dear Cowboy,

What i heard is that in India growth rate of  Muslim & Christians are more than Hindus due to lot of coversion/wives/kids than Hindus.

Both Muslims & Christians are getting lot of funds from abroad to convert the Hindus.

Every one is keen in money making rather than enjoying life & regret for that only at later stage/old age.

Educated youth of all communities are going abroad.Less educated,corrupt politicians as well bureaucrates are governing our country.

Education became a business & corruption is part of life in India.

hari1941
hari1941 Jul 5

Quote from VAS My dear Cowboy,

What i heard is that in India growth rate of  Muslim & Christians are more than Hindus due to lot of coversion/wives/kids than Hindus.

Both Muslims & Christians are getting lot of funds from abroad to convert the Hindus.

Every one is keen in money making rather than enjoying life & regret for that only at later stage/old age.

Educated youth of all communities are going abroad.Less educated,corrupt politicians as well bureaucrates are governing our country.

Education became a business & corruption is part of life in India.

Thank You VAS. Your comments are always me ponder. Rate of population growth has in fact come down to 1.1% from 1.7% . It is difficult to say who is multiplying more. I think and as you said educated youth of all communities are going abroad and they are the one who do not believe in multiple wives and many children. If you go the villages, poor people have more children. 

However, my point is about economic growth which remained low, as called Hindu rate of growth at 3.5% for centuries partly because of cast system and partly because of foreign rule, mainly the British. It went up and again showing signs of reduction. 

Thanks for keeping V active as best as we can.  

shobham
shobham Jul 11

Quote from hari1941

Hindu rate of growth

Please don't take me wrong. I am not talking of population growth. It is quite commendable at 1.1 % in 2018 leaving many countries behind.  I am talking of economic growth that is needed to feed this growing population of over 135 crores and still counting. Though we have surpassed that 3.5% Hindu rate of growth long back and even achieved double digit growth at 10% but it is again shrinking and may come to 6% if economists are to be believed which politicians would hate to. 

I think the root cause is our cast system which put money making at the third place after Brajmins and Khatriyas but thankfully  above Sudras.

As staunch Hindus we believe in simple living and high thinking and that is why money making profession like trading,  agriculture and industry were put at last but one priority. 

Having said that the fault is being corrected.  Brahmin and Khatriy boys and girls are going to IITs, IIMs and even MIT to obtain MBA degrees and enter money making areas.  Our presence in Information technology is already established. 

After about 5000 years or more we have realized that money is not bad after all.  Though some of us still think it is bad though crave for more at the same time. 

Jai ho!!!!!!

Actually Money is one of the four Purusharths - Dharm Arth Kam all come before Moksha. 

it is the Buddhist influence that made bhikshuks and that influenced hindu sanyasis - leaving the world became ultimate. 

muthurajan
muthurajan Jul 15

Just after independence India was being helped in food sector thru PL 480 funds. This has since been stopped long back and food sector is being managed without outside help.

Now that many upper caste students are also joining IITs and IIMs I am sure things might further improve hopefully.

hari1941
hari1941 Jul 16

Quote from muthurajan

Just after independence India was being helped in food sector thru PL 480 funds. This has since been stopped long back and food sector is being managed without outside help.

Now that many upper caste students are also joining IITs and IIMs I am sure things might further improve hopefully.

That's a very good sign. The 70 % of population is middle class and include all caste and class. They are breaking the barriers.